PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN take on German giants Bayern Munich in an enthralling Champions League group showdown.
Neymar and Co. will want to make a big statement at the Parc des Princes.
Julian Draxler is expecting Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich to “deliver a spectacle” on Wednesday.
Both sides won their Group B openers ahead of a meeting at Parc des Princes, with PSG particularly impressive in a 5-0 thrashing of Celtic.
Draxler was a substitute in that game, but he has lined up alongside the all-star forward line of Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani in the league.
And he expects PSG to be at their attacking best against Bayern.
“We will deliver a great attacking spectacle with PSG,” he told Bild. “I am proud that I can be part of it.
“This is the first time I have played against Bayern with a team where we are not necessarily outsiders.”
- Bayern Munich have lost all three of their away games against Paris SG, conceding six goals and scoring only one. All of their previous meetings took place in the Champions League group stages.
- In fact, Bayern Munich’s record of P3 W0 D0 L3 at PSG is their worst away from home in European competition.
- None of the six Champions League encounters between Paris SG and Bayern Munich has ended in a draw (4 wins for PSG, 2 for Bayern).
- Paris SG have lost only one of their last 43 home games in European competition (W27 D15), it was against Barcelona in April 2015 in the Champions League quarter-finals (1-3).
- Paris SG have also failed to score on only one occasion in their last 29 European games at the Parc des Princes (0-0 v Real Madrid, October 2015).
- Bayern Munich are in the Champions League for the 20th time in the last 21 seasons, the only exception coming in 2007/08. They have reached the semis in six of the last eight seasons.
- Bayern Munich have won 21 of their last 26 Champions League group games (L5), with their last draw coming in November 2012 against Valencia (1-1).
- However, Bayern have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight Champions League away games.
- Neymar has scored in both of his previous Champions League appearances against Bayern Munich, it was in the 2014/15 semi-finals (3 goals in total). He’s delivered 13 assists over the last two seasons, four more than any other player.
- Edinson Cavani has scored 10 goals in nine Champions League games since last season. He is also now PSG’s all-time top scorer in the competition (22 goals).
- Robert Lewandowski has scored 41 goals in 62 Champions League games since his debut in the competition in 2011/12. Over that period, only Cristiano Ronaldo (79 goals) and Lionel Messi (59) have found the net on more occasions.