The US President tweeted: “Reason we canceled my outing to London is that we am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sole maybe the best located and excellent embassy in London for ‘peanuts,’ only to build a new one in an off plcae for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO.”
Reason we canceled my outing to London is that we am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sole maybe the best located and excellent embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off plcae for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Jan 12, 2018
Mr Trump had been approaching to revisit the new £750m ($1bn) home for American diplomats on the banks of the River Thames as early as next month.
Sky News understands US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will now commence rite duties at the central opening of the distinctively-shaped building.
The new Nine Elms site, nearby Battersea in London, is due to open on 16 January.
Despite Mr Trump blaming his prototype for the decision, the embassy pierce from Grosvenor Square was instituted by the George W Bush administration.
A post on its website antiquated 8 Oct 2008 – just under a month before Mr Obama’s election – suggested the plan.
It says: “The U.S. State Department currently sealed a redeeming agreement with the genuine estate developer Ballymore to acquire a site in the Nine Elms Opportunity Area in Wandsworth for the construction of a new Embassy.”
Mr Trump’s twitter cancelling his revisit sparked a acquire greeting from some politicians.
London mayor Sadiq Khan said: “It appears that President Trump got the summary from the many Londoners who adore and admire America and Americans but find his policies and actions the frigid conflicting of the city’s values of inclusion, farrago and tolerance.
“His revisit next month would but doubt have been met by mass pacific protests.
“This just reinforces what a mistake it was for Theresa May to rush and extend an invitation of a state revisit in the first place.
“Let’s wish that Donald Trump also revisits the office of his divisive agenda.”
Replying to Mr Trump’s tweet, former Labour personality Ed Miliband said: “Nope it’s since nobody wanted you to come. And you got the message.”
Meanwhile, Liberal Democrat unfamiliar affairs orator Jo Swinson pronounced Mr Trump had “thrown his toys out of the pram”.
It does not meant plans for the US President’s state revisit to the UK are off entirely, with a Downing Street orator revelation Sky News: “An invitation for a state revisit has been extended and accepted.”
Mr Trump’s twitter came hours after he asked because the US should concede some-more immigrants from “s***hole countries” in.
The scurrilous acknowledgement came in a assembly with legislators about a bipartisan understanding on immigration.
:: ‘S***hole countries’ slur: Why did Trump contend it?
MPs have regularly called for the offer of a state revisit for the US President to be cold following his crackdown on immigration from majority-Muslim countries and promotion of far-right organisation Britain First on Twitter.
The debate sparked a tactful squabble between Theresa May and Mr Trump, after the Prime Minister cursed the US President’s actions.
Any probable first outing to the UK by President Trump is likely to be met with extreme protests.
This week, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson brushed off suggestions a state revisit to Britain by Mr Trump should be scrapped.
It followed claims by Michael Wolff, the author of an bomb new book about Mr Trump, that the US President would use a revisit to “Trumpalise the Queen and Buckingham Palace”.
Mr Johnson told MPs: “I consider Her Majesty the Queen is good able of holding this American boss – or indeed any American boss – in her stride, as she has finished over 6 conspicuous decades.
“She has seen them come and she has seen them go.”