A SCAFFOLDER who lost both arms and a leg when electrocuted in a workplace collision has had his remaining prong amputated – as bosses face prosecution.
Jamie Mines, 33, was building a proxy preserve at Swindon’s Kendrick Industrial Estate when 33,000 volts of electricity shot by a tin piece he was holding.
He was thrown 13ft retrograde and landed on a half-finished steel roof, where he recalls feeling like “his physique was on fire”.
Paramedics climbed a ladder to provide him before he was stretchered into an air ambulance and taken to Southmead Hospital in Bristol.
Jamie spent 10 weeks in complete care, where he was put into an prompted coma for 3 weeks. His relatives were told the harmful news that he could die.
In the 3 days following the incident, surgeons amputated his right leg, left forearm and half his left foot. Ten days later, his right arm was also removed.
He also suffered a burnt outspoken cord and sustained injuries to his kidneys, leaving him urinating “thick black sludge” for weeks after the collision last Dec 19.
He began to recover strength in Mar and was changed to a rehab centre in Oxford, where he went by the perfected routine of training to walk and speak again.
The gifted footballer pulled by the several operations and came home from hospital with his partner Harley Ware and twin baby girls – Isabella and Savanah – just in time for Father’s Day.
But his latest operation to mislay his left foot and leg next knee became infected, causing the whole leg to be amputated, leaving him now limbless.
The former striker for Frome Town FC now has prosthetic arms with nails and a feign leg, all flashy with feign tattoos to compare his own.
Following an investigation, the Health and Safety Executive has now announced that his employers, Boundary Scaffolding, will be prosecuted.
A orator said: “[We are] prosecuting Boundary Scaffolding Limited and its executive Jonathon Lee Griffith-Clack under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.”
The defendants are due at Swindon Magistrates justice on 20 Sep 2017.
Recalling the horrific occurrence for the first time last month, the former idea appurtenance said: “I was holding this steel piece and then we just remember a large swell unexpected blazing my insides.
“I don’t know if we blacked out from the pain since the next thing we knew we was fibbing on my back 4 metres away.
“I was trying to stay still since we knew we could tumble off the roof but the pain was a thousand times worse than anything we have felt before.
“I was screaming and shouting, revelation the guys to call an ambulance. we knew accurately what had happened, we had been electrocuted – we was too close to the power.
“It felt like my heart and lungs were blazing and then it was my legs and arms. My whole physique was on fire, like there was 1,000 grade feverishness inside me, but there were no flames.
“I suspicion we was dead. we suspicion we was burned to a crisp.”
He had formerly pronounced his biggest fear following the occurrence was not meaningful if his babies would remember him, he said: “When we saw them after 3 months, they had changed so much.
“I frequency recognized them – they were corpulent and had all this hair. we was frightened they wouldn’t recognize me since at first my voice was a husky, low wheeze since one of my outspoken cords was fried.
“But we got to hold them again and it was so emotional. They did know who we was. It was lovely.”
Jamie, from Swindon, Wilts, now needs help with all from cleaning his teeth to changing the TV channel and has an blending PlayStation controller and stylus for his phone to help him.
A fundraising interest set up by his friends to help him and his family lifted over £140,000, with strangers from all over the universe pledging support.
We compensate for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368