After gently teasing fans all week, Nintendo unexpected threw up a brood of Nintendo Switch announcements around a “Nintendo Direct Mini” video display this morning. Nintendo and Japanese third-party partners seem fervent to yield the millions of Switch owners out there with fast available, prepackaged calm in the form of ports of games from older consoles (the kind we’ve been wondering about for months).
The 14-minute trailer-packed video is filled with new footage and information, but we’ve precipitated the critical news down next if you can’t watch right now:
- Dark Souls Remastered: No gameplay sum were supposing for this one, but given the title, it’ll certainly be a graphically touched-up chronicle of From Software’s hard-as-nails, 2011 cave crawler. Release date is set for May 25, and PS4, XB1 and PC versions will also be available.
- The World Ends with You Final Remix: Square Enix’s Nintendo DS cult classical Japanese movement RPG gets an HD remaster that includes a new unfolding “that gets to the heart of the story.” Arriving some time this year.
- Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition: This Zelda-themed chronicle of the Dynasty Warriors pattern combines all the maps and missions from the Wii U and 3DS versions of the diversion and adds new Breath of the Wild costumes for Link and Zelda. Coming some time this spring.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: The tough-but-fun Wii U height diversion comes to Switch with Funky Kong as a new playable character, able of a double float burst and “infinite rolls.” Coming May 4.
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA: A pier of the diversion that recently regenerated the dormant, long-running Japanese RPG series comes to the Nintendo Switch this summer.
New diversion announcements
- Mario Tennis Aces brings back the fast-paced, over-the-top, super-ability-infused sporting authorization with a new Story Mode that includes specific missions and bosses to face. Coming this spring.
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy looks like a female-fighter-focused chronicle of the renouned King of Fighters franchise, with new Dream Finish moves to turn things out a bit. Coming this summer.
- Super Mario Odyssey gets a new “Luigi’s Balloon World” online hide-and-seek mode as partial of a free refurbish in February. One player has 30 seconds to censor a balloon somewhere in the level, and another player has to lane it down with the help of a running arrow. New costumes and photo filters will also be available.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle will get Donkey Kong as a playable impression alongside themed calm in a paid refurbish this spring.
- Pokken Tournament DX will see new characters and moves as partial of a paid DLC Battle Pack.
- Air-dashing 2D platformer Celeste is coming Jan 25.
- 3D platformer Fe is coming Feb 16.
- 4-player commune platformer Kirby Star Allies is coming Mar 16.
- Payday 2 is (still) coming to Switch Feb 27.
- A demo for Dragon Quest Builders hits the eShop today.